It doesn't have to be mysterious or intimidating. In fact, the PADI Deep Diver Specialty course teaches you to plan and carry out deeper dives- Safely and with confidence.
When a diver is properly trained to diver below 60ft, a fascinating array of new underwater sights come into focus. From historic shipwrecks to dramatic walls, training as a deep diver will help you feel more comfortable explring sites located in deeper water.
Any dive below 60ft is considered a deep dive. This class will show you what you need to know to become qualified for deep diving. You'll go deep diving with PADI Professionals as you learn about proper planning for recreational deep divesdown to 130ft and special equipment reserved for deep dives
Down there, it’s different. It takes additional training. Here’s where you get it.
- Must be a PADI Adventure Diver (or qualifying certification from another organization) and 15 years old
- Experience diving beyond 18 metres/60 feet
- Learn deep dive planning, organization, procedures, techniques and hazards
- Four open water dives that range from 18 - 40 metres / 60 - 130 feet.
- Gain experience with diving deep under the direct, professional supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Certification counts toward the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating.